Now that you’ve mastered the art of red emperor fishing with the Bats boys, it’s time to turn the flesh into a feast. This crackin’ recipe from Miguel has a distinctly Spanish flavour. It will definitely require an Estrella to cool your taste buds after washing down the chilli, chives and Cajun sauce. Olé!
• 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
• 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
• 1 carrot, peeled, finely sliced or grated
• 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
• 2 avocados
• 2 limes
• 2 Tbs Cajun spice
• 6 thin red emperor fillets
• 2 corncobs
• 1 green chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
• 1/2 bunch chives, sliced
• 3 vine tomatoes, diced
• 6 soft round tortillas, warm
• Combine the cabbage, lettuce, carrot and garlic in a bowl.
• Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones. Squeeze lime juice over each half and use a fork to mash until smooth.
• Sprinkle the Cajun spice onto a large plate, place the fish fillets onto the plate and coat all over with the spice.
• Heat an oiled pan over a medium heat; cook the fish fillets for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked. Remove from pan and place on a plate to the side. Place the pan back over the heat.
• For the salsa, cut the corn kernels from the cob and place in the pan, add the chilli, chives and tomatoes, cook, stirring for 3–5 minutes or until tomatoes just start to break down. Season with salt and pepper.
• Place the warmed tortillas on a clean, dry, flat surface. Top each with avocado and spread all over, spoon over the salsa, top with fish and a handful of salad. Serve with a cold Estrella.