Miguel’s favourite way to serve tuna!
• 200g sashimi-grade ahi tuna cut into two even bricks
• 1 tbs wasabi paste
• 20g Dijon mustard
• toasted sesame seeds
• 50g sour cream or créme fraiche
• 1 tsp wasabi paste
• salt and fresh black pepper
• Sear the tuna bricks for a second evenly on all four sides. Season with salt and fresh black pepper. Chill down.
• Prepare a paste from the Dijon mustard and the wasabi paste and brush paper thin evenly on all four sides.
• Roll the tuna bricks in the toasted sesame seeds.
• Slice tuna into two slices per portion.
• To prepare wasabi cream, mix wasabi paste and sour cream, season with salt and pepper.
• Garnish with a spill of wasabi cream.
• Wakame salad
• Cooked sushi rice
• Soy sauce
• Pickled ginger and heaps of wasabi.